Last updated: 15th February 2021
Veterinary care of animals is an essential service. We are taking all possible precautions to ensure that our clients and our vets stay healthy.
To help us to provide a service to you and to all our patients please:
- Call us if you are worried about your horse or pony. If you are unsure if you need a visit or not we can decide from an initial phone call.
- Call us to ask any questions about keeping your horse as healthy as possible during this difficult time.
- Tell us if you or anybody in your household is tested positive for or showing possible symptoms of Covid-19. We can still treat your horse, we can arrange to bring someone with us to help if necessary.
- Tell us if you or anybody in your household is in a risk group.
- Wear a mask. All members of our team will be wearing a mask. This is to protect you, and us and our other clients.
- Please have one person only to hold the horse when the vet arrives in the yard. Limiting the number of people is really important. We genuinely want to keep everyone safe. If there are lots of people “helping” we are extremely compromised and may not be able to do our job. We will happily discuss any findings with anybody else who needs to be involved by telephone.
- Please keep a distance of at least 2 meters from the vet when at all possible.
- Please provide us with water for hand washing when we arrive and again when we leave the yard. While we appreciate offers to use facilities in people’s houses, we cannot compromise your health by entering anybody’s house at this time.
- Please pay by bank transfer or using our online payment system.
- Don’t panic! We will still be able to get to you for emergency care.
- Don’t come out to the yard or stable if you are feeling unwell.
- Don’t: Call to the practice in person at this time without warning. Unfortunately, we will not be able to allow you to come in.
- We want to keep you safe and we want you to keep us safe. We cannot provide a service to you if we are self-isolation for 2 weeks or in hospital.